Cornell Cooperative Extension
After School Administrative Assistant
This position will serve as an Administrative Assistant for Cornell Cooperative Extension Association of St. Lawrence County and will provide support primarily for the 21st Century Community Learning Centers Program with other programs assigned to meet the needs of the Association. Program area assignments may change based on Association needs and funding availability. This position will be responsible for the overall clerical support to the assigned programs and program areas; adhering to strict timeframes for reporting purposes and accountability; database management; supporting program area meetings; filing and organizing program materials; creating flyers and brochures; special projects, etc. This position will represent Cornell Cooperative Extension to the general public, community leaders and government officials in a professional manner. Will appreciate and embrace diversity in all interactions with clientele, staff, volunteers, and the public.
This position is a full-time non-exempt position – 100% FTE, 40 hours per week.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Education.
- Experience relevant to the role of the position.
- Valid NYS Driver’s License and the ability to meet travel requirements associated with this position.
- Ability to work flexible hours which may include evenings and/or weekends, as appropriate.
- Associates Degree in Business or related field.
- Demonstrated ability to gain knowledge in subject matter information as it relates to program area responsibilities.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with co-workers, customers, volunteers, and community leaders.
- Demonstrated ability to work proactively as a part of a team as well as independently.
- Demonstrated ability to be adaptable and flexible to meet the needs of the program area and the Association.
- Demonstrated ability to think independently and anticipate needs for program support purposes.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively using oral, written, and visual means.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality when required.
- Demonstrated ability to relate to diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and work within strict timelines.
- Demonstrated high level of organizational skills.
- Demonstrated high level of computer skills, and familiarity with Microsoft Office programs as well as FileMaker and Photoshop.
- Demonstrated ability and familiarity with databases and database management.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Health Insurance
- Retirement Benefits
- Paid time off (sick days, vacation days)