Advance Products Team Lead
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
The Specialty Materials segment manufactures products that provide more than 150 material formulations for glass, glass ceramics and fluoride crystals to meet demand for unique customer needs. Consequently, this segment operates in a wide variety of commercial and industrial markets that include display optics and components, semiconductor optics components, aerospace and defense, astronomy, ophthalmic products, telecommunications components and cover glass that is optimized for portable display devices.
Purpose of the Position
The position requires a self-motivated individual with process engineering experience to oversee and assist in the development and manufacture of low volume, high precision glass optics. The successful candidate must have a professional work ethic, strong hands-on design and process engineering skills, and a desire to work in a small team environment.
- Conducts or participates in multidisciplinary research and collaborates with circuit designers and/or product line engineers in the design, development, and utilization of software to simulate the characteristics and parameters of integrated systems (IS) components, modules, or complete products under operating environment.
- Determines user needs; advises hardware designers on characteristics that affect software systems such as storage capacity, processing, speed, and input/output requirements; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems including integrated graphic analysis.
- Follows standard practices and procedure in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained.
- BS in Mechanical, Drafting, or other Engineering Discipline
- 5% or less
Hours of work
- Standard Monday – Friday
Required Experience and Skills
- 1-year minimum supervisory experience or equivalent experience leading others in a manufacturing team environment
- Excellent technical skills
- Knowledge of process related standards
- Analytical thinker with interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills; Knowledge of SolidWorks and CAD skills
- A teamwork mindset – ability to work/interact with a variety of personnel and backgrounds
- Good judgment – ability to prioritize properly, work independently and efficiently, and to multitask in a fast-paced team environment
- Seeking a thoroughness in executing work you’re doing, attention to detail, and willingness to learn
- Excellent observation and data recording skills with understanding of equipment, testing, and experimental procedures
- Technical curiosity
- Lean manufacturing techniques
- Glass finishing experience
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
Corning offers a competitive salary, pension, and family medical leave.
- Health Insurance
- Retirement Benefits
- Paid time off (sick days, vacation days)