Asset Integrity Engineer
Alcoa’s U.S. portfolio includes Alcoa’s corporate headquarters (ACC), Alcoa’s Technology Center (ATC), four smelters, hydroelectric power and a calcined coke plant. Our Massena facility in New York State, established in 1902, is home to the longest continuously operating smelter in the world. Located on the St. Lawrence River, Massena, NY is the center for commercial, industrial, and manufacturing success in St. Lawrence County. Its four seasons of natural beauty and abundant outdoor recreational activities attract tourists and local residents to enjoy year-round. Massena’s caring sense of community, affordable cost of living, and extremely low-cost locally-supplied energy, coupled with four public and private universities nearby, make Massena a great place to call home. From the Thousand Island region to explore by boat, to fishing in the St. Lawrence River, to swimming in three beautiful nearby riverside beaches, to experiencing beautiful foliage and hiking in the Fall, to snowmobiling, and many other winter sports, there’s always something fun to see and do. And within a two hour drive (or less) are cosmopolitan and historic Montreal and Ottawa, Canada to the north, and to the south are the tall, beautiful views of Adirondacks and within it is Lake Placid, The Olympic Village.
This professional will have the opportunity to lead the establishment, embedment, and goverance of the Asset Intergrity Management System (AIMS). In this role, you provide single point accountability for leading and handling Asset Integrity issues, and risks identified in day-to-day operations. You will provide technical leadership for effective risk management of Civil/Structural Infrastructure and designated mechanical equipment (static & rotating) to ensure safe, compliant, reliable & continuous sustainable operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the Global Asset Integrity Team
- Functional responsibility for compliance to AI standards on site
- Support/Lead and own the Global AI Assessment program and all associated actions/recommendations
- Support & Own Asset Integrity Assurance & Risk Management/ORM Category Lead responsibilities.
- Improvement Program/Continuous Improvement – ensuring identifying and developing new tech/productivity improvements continuously to be more proactive.
- Ensuring AI related equipment and assets are set-up and led in accordance with Reliability Excellence.
- Support & Lead Asset Risk & Property Insurance Reviews & key focal point to the Asset Management – Regulators.
- Lead the Asset Integrity & Risk Management Systems to provide problem solving and troubleshooting service to Massena Operations. Including metrics tracking and reporting administration.
- Provide SME Asset Integrity leadership to ensure local statutory/regulatory/legislative compliance with regards to operational framework and currency of Alcoa Standards is maintained
- Provide SME recommendations to support the Asset Management capital planning process
- Contributes to the achievement of an environmentally sound, safe, and healthy workplace by supervising and auditing the design, installation, and maintenance of assets for Massena Operations
- Run all statutory equipment and predictive maintenance aspects covering equipment management strategies, inspection programs, repair scope, design reviews and compliance with all relevant government and Alcoa standards.
- Work closely with Maintenance and Engineering functional teams to provide expert-level Asset Integrity Management and Engineering technical knowledge, skills, and experience to support standard methodology application
- Support the execution and governance of projects at the operation and engineering function to identify, report and resolve asset integrity issues and risks to safe, reliable, and sustainable operations.
Our values – act with integrity, operate with excellence, care for people – are at the foundation of everything we do. To be successful in this role and to play a part in our ongoing success we desire the following background:
- Bachelor’s degree- Engineering field (Mechanical / Structural / Civil / Materials / Corrosion – Required)
- Min 7 years’ work experience preferably within a maintenance/integrity function in an industrial process environment
- Experience in developing organizational and site level asset integrity strategies/frameworks and roadmaps
- General understanding of local, state, and federal standards covering the management of structural & mechanical equipment
- Exposure to risk management and process safety concepts
- Ability to influence and work collaboratively with key peers, stakeholders + customers
- High energy, detail minded, ability to work in systematic, structured and efficient manner
- Highly developed digital literacy including Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Visio
- Understanding of computerized maintenance management software and/or integrity management software / databases
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Health Insurance
- Retirement Benefits
- Paid time off (sick days, vacation days)