Compliance/Security Officer (Chief of Security)
This position is assigned to the Office of Associate Administrator in Massena, New York, and serves as Chief of Security. Incumbent is responsible for security, investigative and compliance work in the areas of physical security, personnel security, personnel safety, and any other incidents occurring on Corporation property.
The Compliance/Security Officer (Chief of Security):
- Investigates employee misconduct or misbehavior.
- Investigates breaches of physical security (accidents, thefts or vandalism).
- Investigates damage or violations that involve small craft; primary liaison for dealing with local law enforcement (US & Canadian) during investigations or undercover operations; Investigative work involves good interpersonal skills; good communication skills; ability to conduct interviews; and good writing skills for report preparation.
- Reviews and evaluates physical security of all Corporation property.
- Oversees security procedures for personnel, buildings and grounds.
- Serves as technical advisor to personnel security program.
- Administers seasonal security guard programs (summer and winter) and Visitors’ Center summer guide programs.
- Recruits, evaluates, hires, and supervises guides and security guards as needed to effectively staff each program.
- Serves as a facilitator between Senior Management and employees to assist with maintaining effective internal communications.
The ideal candidate has working experience conducting investigations and the ability to write reports and present findings to support conclusions and recommended actions.
Salary: $92,143 to $119,787 per year
This vacancy will close on 12/17/2021
For complete details regarding this position opening, please visit: USAJOBS – Search
RESUME – All applicants must provide a resume created within USA Jobs Resume Builder (link: USAJOBS – Job Announcement), that shows relevant experience, education and support the required specialized experience. Formatted resumes can by uploaded later in the application process.
You must submit a complete application package (including resume, vacancy questions and supporting documents) no later than 11:59 (EST) on the closing date of the announcement.
- To begin, click the “Apply Online” button on the job announcement posting.
- Follow the directions to register, submit all required documents and complete the assessment questionnaire.
- You may review your saved application(s) at https://my.usajobs.gov.
If you are having difficulty applying online, please contact the DOT Automated Staffing Office via email at: Transjobs@dot.gov