Corning, Inc. - Canton Plant
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Corning’s Environmental Technologies segment manufactures ceramic substrates and filter products for emissions control in mobile and stationary applications around the world.
Encompasses the application of scientific and technological principles concerned with a continuous or periodic system of operations or activities in the production of manufactured products
Job Description :
- Uses the principles and theories of science, engineering, and mathematics to provide technical support for manufacturing processes.
- Works on assignments that are complex in nature where considerable judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems and making recommendations.
- May determine methods and procedures on new assignments and may provide guidance to other personnel.
AS in Mechanical, Electrical, or other Engineering Discipline Required
- Entry level – Leadership skills strongly preferred – Must be able to lead a small group through a task
- Engineering experience preferred
- Manufacturing experience preferred
5% or less
Hours of work/work schedule:
Mon – Friday, days.
- Health Insurance
- Retirement Benefits
- Paid time off (sick days, vacation days)