Arconic is currently seeking an Electrical Engineer to join our Massena Operations in New York. This role will the provide electrical engineering expertise and support the business including but not limited to growth, modernization, maintenance and general plant while providing guidance and direction for compliance with all electrical safety standards and electrical work practices. The successful candidate will collaborate across functions to achieve business objectives. If you are a qualified candidate and you would like to join an essential business that promotes from within, we encourage you to apply!
Arconic Corporation (NYSE: ARNC), headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, is a leading provider of aluminum sheet, plate and extrusions, as well as innovative architectural products, that advance the ground transportation, aerospace, industrial, packaging and building and construction markets. In 2019, the businesses of Arconic Corporation reported annual revenue of $7.3 billion. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing techniques, we make products that meet quality, efficiency and delivery objectives to achieve customer success and shareholder value.
- Strong base salary plus variable compensation bonus structure.
- Generous Health Benefits beginning day 1; medical, life, dental and vision plans.
- 401(k) Program with a Company Match (up to 6%), plus, Retirement contribution (3%).
- Competitive annual vacation accrual, plus 10 annual paid holidays.
The Electrical Engineer position will be a resource and problem solver to ensure and improve equipment reliability. The position will deliver quality services in a safe manner to the organization and provide direction and support to the improvement of electrical systems through capital project development and completion. He or she will increase skill level of electrical skilled craftsmen. This position reports to the Engineering & Asset Manager. Principle contacts for this position include Superintendents, Process Flow and Supervisors, Safety Manager, Engineers, Contract Engineering Personnel, Bargaining Unit Personnel, Safety Advisors, AEX Safety Council, Medical Department and Safety Department Personnel.
The Electrical Engineer position includes both creation of strategic vision, and tactical management including execution of the following essential functions, examples include but are not limited to:
- Support departmental productivity activities. Apply productivity principles to identify and implement improvements to plant systems.
- Support growth and modernization activities.
- Develop and help with technical training.
- Maintain awareness of plant, corporate and government safety and health regulations and policies and initiate department action to ensure compliance with these regulations.
- Participate on safety teams as required and contribute to identifying and implementing solutions (i.e. Low Voltage Standard, Safe Electrical Practices, etc.).
- Coordinate special safety initiatives and support safe work methods.
- Be the technical support to aid craft persons solving problems focusing on root cause solutions.
- This position requires expertise in electrical control, instrumentation, PLC and automation systems.
- A minimum of Bachelor of Science Degree from an accredited institution.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working with relevant systems and equipment is necessary.
- This individual must have good computer skills (Excel, Word, Power Point, Exchange), be self-starting, dependable, and be proficient at written and oral communication.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of Hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.