Electronic Engineering Technician
This position is accountable to provide technical electrical support including process automation and computing support services for the improvement and maintenance of facilities and equipment within the Massena facility. This position provides technical direction, counsel and training for electrical maintenance, less experienced engineering personnel, and operating personnel within the area of responsibility.
- Provide electrical design and prepare AutoCAD drawings for machinery, structures, utilities, process and support equipment, control systems, logic diagrams, and other various industrial equipment for effective operation of General Plant support facilities.
- Completes preparation of material and labor requirements for estimates, construction specifications and schedules, job packages, and purchase requisitions.
- Handle multiple projects, including working with plant electrical maintenance personnel, and contract personnel with minimal direction from supervisor.
- Lead project safety reviews and participates in safety inspections and associated safety programs. Incorporates personnel and equipment safety features in design work.
- Provide installation oversight through site inspections and expenditure tracking for projects in area of responsibility.
- Ensure new and existing electrical equipment installations comply with Company, local and national codes and standards (e.g., NFPA 70 & 70E, AES: 32.60, 32.69, 32.70)
- Assist supervisor in interpreting an implementing local Company policies and standards, governmental rules and regulations, and miscellaneous codes.
- Recommend and administer contract renewals and other administrative activities pertaining to electrical contract design personnel and procedures.
- Evaluates proposed electrical designs and submits suggestions for improvements. Responsible for directing the preparation of electrical engineering drawings by outside electrical design personnel.
- Conduct electrical design review to ensure that existing and new equipment installation complies with all local and national codes and standards (e.g., NFPA 70 & 70E, AES: 32.60, 32.69, 32.70)
- Support departmental ABS activities.
- Support Oracle utilization within the Maintenance Departments.
- Direct and assist electrical troubleshooting efforts by plant and contractor forces.
- Provide assistance in diagnosing and solving operating and maintenance problems through equipment and facility evaluations and field inspections.
- Support all process computing hardware and applications. This includes all HMIs, programmable drives, smart instrumentation, SCADA software, process computers and PLCs.
- Institute and implement changes wherever necessary in process computing application code.
- Complete all documentation, including drawings, of any modifications to process computing code, and all other required field revisions to processes and equipment.
- Assist in the development and implementation of training programs for electrical maintenance and engineering forces, enabling for more self-sufficient troubleshooting by maintenance personnel.
- Consistently maintain a close working relationship with operating personnel, maintenance personnel, and other customers so as to properly design, implement and coordinate equipment and facility changes.
- Fill as an Electrical Maintenance Supervisor as required (vacations, work weekends, etc.).
KEY BUSINESS CHALLENGE:
- Provide a continual contribution to Operations technology development within the electrical and process control areas, which are recognizable to the success of the business.
- Provide direction and support to the electrical maintenance group, and Operations’ personnel, enabling them to complete their tasks effectively.
- Provide for a positive impact on effective project management, service quality, and cost control.
- Provide direction and support to Plant Engineering to improve their overall effectiveness.
This position reports to the General Plant Senior Staff Electrical Engineer who in turn reports to the Engineering and Asset Manager. Principle contacts for this position include Superintendents, Process Flow Leaders, Safety Professionals, Arconic Engineers, Contract Engineering Firms, Bargaining Unit Personnel, Contract Personnel, and Procurement Personnel
- Minimum of an Associates Degree in Electrical Technology or Journeyperson certificate in an Electrical related apprenticeship program
- 3 years combined industrial and practical experience
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Wide range of manufacturing exposure and a broad grasp of involved practices, scientific theory, and principles related to Electrical and Computer Technology and Design.
- Exhibited contributions from past performances.
- Effective electrical troubleshooting and computer logic capabilities.
- Ability to understand, influence, and persuade people
- Day Shift