Engineering and Maintenance Manager
Arconic is currently in search of Engineering & Maintenance Manager to join our Massena, NY location.
At Arconic, we are looking for people who share our values of integrity, inclusion, and diversity, and who demonstrate agility, results commitment, and the capability to grow themselves and others. In return, we offer the opportunity to Grow Together with ongoing opportunities for professional growth provided by a constantly changing environment, working alongside employees who value the people they work with just as much as the work they do.
This position will effectively coordinate the activities of the Engineering, Fabricating Maintenance, and the Central Maintenance Departments in the safest and most cost-effective manner. Areas of responsibility include but are not limited to the Engineering, Wastewater Treatment Facility, Fab/Machine Shop, Hazardous Waste Facility, Fleet Maintenance, Construction, and Electrical/Mechanical maintenance for Extrusions and Fabricating areas. It will support the continual improvement and maintenance of the Operations’ process equipment and physical plant. This position reports to Massena Operations’ Plant Manager.
- A change agent capable of increasing proactive maintenance in a matrix organizational structure. Optimize Massena maintenance resources and development of best practices for planned and unplanned work order system.
- Promoting and leading the development and application of predictive maintenance, Root Cause Analysis, Total
- Productive Maintenance and control/capability of critical processes.
- Provide electrical, and mechanical engineering required to conceive, coordinate, and implement the design, development, installation, and operation of projects relating to Massena Operation’s utilities, services, land and buildings, and environmental facilities.
- Provide total project management with coordination of funding authorizations, design, specification writing, bidder selection, contract award, safety indoctrination, total construction safety, materials and workmanship inspection, project start-up, other engineering disciplines, plant production, and plant maintenance.
- Provide services to manage natural gas, plant property and buildings, Engineering Standards and CAD related activities.
- Provide direct supervision for departmental mechanical/electrical engineers and/or engineering technicians. Departments include Central Mechanical and Electrical Maintenance, Machine/Fab Shop, Wastewater and Hazardous Waste, Construction/Fleet Maintenance, and Fabricating Mechanical and Electrical Maintenance. This includes the administration of performance and salary management for the direct reports.
- Provide leadership and support necessary for the Engineering and Maintenance organization to meet or exceed the safety initiatives, customer needs, financial objectives, labor relations, and diversity objectives of the business.
This position requires a B.S. degree in Engineering, a wide exposure of varied and extensive practical experiences, and a broad grasp of involved practices and precedents and scientific theory and principles of Engineering. Eight (8) years minimum experience in managing Maintenance and Engineering in successively increasing roles. Registration as a Professional Engineer is strongly recommended. Incumbent must have demonstrated relationships outside of Arconic Massena, and a corporately recognized technical ability. The incumbent must have exhibited notable contributions from past performances. Strong project management capabilities are required, as is the ability to understand, influence, and persuade people. Proficient skills in communication, labor relations, safety, and cost management are required. Preferred Master’s degree in Business or Engineering. Experience in Oracle CMMS. Knowledge of Extrusions operations.