Executive Director: St. Lawrence County Chamber of Commerce (Canton, NY)
Administer Operations of the Chamber: 30% of time
- Create annual budget and ensure financial management, integrity, and transparency in a timely manner.
- Approve all payments and expenditures within approved annual budget.
- Maintain updated policies, procedures, and compliance for the organization.
- Hire, develop, and direct staff, perform evaluations and maintain personnel files, and delivery of benefits.
- Develop sources of non-dues revenue.
- Lead strategic planning and visioning, set objectives and ensure execution.
- Lead/prepare for Board meetings, annual dinner/breakfast, and Chamber events.
- Work with Board of Directors in preparing policies, programs and compliance for St. Lawrence County Chamber (501c6), St. Lawrence – North Country Community Foundation (501c3), and St. Lawrence – North Country Services Corp (for profit).
- Ensure positive partnerships of the Chamber by ensuring active participation in local and regional committees.
- Formulate strategies and activities to market and communicate the Chamber’s image and programs.
- Working with other chamber of commerce colleagues and state and national chamber organizations, continuously seeks new and improved approaches for enhancing the Chamber’s mission.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the organization.
- Negotiates with vendors and evaluates best use of available funds.
- Supervises bookkeeping functions.
- Ensure consistent vision with Director of Tourism, and clear roles and responsibilities of the Tourism Department.
Lead the Chamber’s Membership Goals: 30% of time
- Pro-actively initiate contact with prospective member businesses.
- Encourage ongoing and consistent involvement in the member recruitment effort by the Board of Directors, committee and Chamber staff.
- Develop promotional brochures, materials, and social media campaigns for use in marketing the Chamber to prospective members.
- Ensure the timely invoicing of all membership accounts and, using the established multi-step billing and contact process, and secure the retention of the highest number of current member accounts possible.
- Recruit, build relationships, and coordinate benefits for Leadership Circle Membership.
- Develop and direct Chamber publications to engage members (newsletter, e-bulletin, social media and website).
- Survey and analyze role of Chamber for ongoing improvements.
Deliver Member Services and Business Development programs: 30% of time
- Direct the funding, development and execution of Chamber-sponsored programs (webinars, trainings, etc).
- Maintain and develop partnerships to increase opportunities for members and business development.
- Advocate for member and business issues with elected officials, advocacy groups, etc.
- Working with the staff to identify and develop programs, services and benefits that will create additional value for current and prospective members.
- Create and present orientation program for new members to the Chamber, its mission, and services.
- Solicit and identify candidates for annual Business and Appreciation Awards.
- Secure sponsorships for assigned programs, events, and membership activities.
- Work with board members to increase engagement and participation.
- Administer revolving loan fund.
- Participate in business and economic development committee activities.
Other Duties as Assigned: 10% of time
SUPERVISES: All Chamber Staff
- Candidate must possess excellent organizational skills, strong verbal and written communication skills, advanced computer skills and the ability to multi-task in unrelated areas. He/She/They must be self-motivated and must possess strong interpersonal and sales and analysis skills.
- Candidate must have strong financial management abilities and management skills, with the ability to motivate volunteers and staff, and work well in a team environment.
- Candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or a related field and 3-4 years of relevant experience (marketing, sales, PR, project management, business ownership/management/development).
- Candidate should exhibit a history of creating and championing programs and initiatives that focus on increasing economic vitality and quality of life.
- Ability to maintain an inclusive, nonpartisan approach.
- Knowledge and understanding of the business community in the region.
- To successfully perform the responsibilities of this position, the Candidate must possess a valid driver’s license, must be available for occasional early morning and evening meetings and events, must be able to devote the occasional additional hours required to ensure the timely completion of all responsibilities related to this position, must be able to work under regular, moderate levels of stress, and must be able to regularly lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
Salary, individual health and life insurance, retirement contribution, vacation, and sick pay.
Salary Range: $58,000-$68,000
Interested candidates, please email cover letter, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than November 9th, 2020 by 9:00 a.m.