Bestway of New York, Inc.
Bestway of New York is searching for a hands-on general manager to oversee the operation of a lumber treating and drying plant located in Gouverneur, NY. The full-time general manager should have excellent organizational skills, mechanical aptitude, show a willingness to learn, and be able to perform in a fast-paced environment. Critical thinking and communications skills are a must. This position is constantly evolving and can lead to many rewarding opportunities.
- Create a team: Recruit, hire, train, supervise, review, and manage all on-site staff.
- Grow production: Oversee and coordinate manufacturing needs.
- Know the numbers: Manage inventories.
- Make it shine: Keep forklifts, tools, and equipment in good working order.
- Stay in compliance: Record and submit necessary documentation.
- Establish a culture: Implement company policies.
- Roll up your sleeves: Carry out similar work as yard employees.
CompensationSalary: $75,000 to $100,000 a year
- Managerial and leadership skills are critical. The general manager must inspire his or her team to achieve their goals. Success rises or falls on leadership.
- Verbal and written communication skills are a must. From daily check ins to regular reporting, the general manager is on the front line of the company and the clear and concise information they provide is critical.
- Organizational skills make the difference. The general manager makes the wheel run smoothly by keeping things neat and staying on top of all the moving parts.
- Computer competency—Office 365 (Outlook, Excel, Word, Teams).
- This position will require the daily, or near daily, operation of a forklift. It is a hands-on managerial position and will require working outdoors, year-round. While office time is a must, the general manager will get into the trenches with his or her team.
- This position is well-suited to a self-starter who enjoys being immersed in all elements of a company and its processes. While there will be a team to support this role, the general manager will have a hand in production, human resources, accounting, and everything in between.
- Business Strategy & Management Occupations: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health Insurance
- Retirement Benefits
- Paid time off (sick days, vacation days)