Manufacturing Mechanical Engineer
Arconic Corporation (NYSE: ARNC), headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, is a leading provider of aluminum sheet, plate and extrusions, as well as innovative architectural products, that advance the ground transportation, aerospace, industrial, packaging and building and construction markets. In 2020, the businesses of Arconic Corporation reported annual revenue of $5.7 billion. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing techniques, we make products that meet quality, efficiency and delivery objectives to achieve customer success and shareholder value.
Arconic is seeking a Manufacturing Mechanical Engineer for our Massena facility. The incumbent will assist with development, management and implementation of capital projects, will assist with major repairs and maintenance projects and will provide some process engineering support. This person will assist with developing technical solutions, including the use of Automation, to solve recurring equipment, Productivity and equipment-related process problems identified via appropriate equipment, productivity and process data analyses.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead automation and other capital projects, including the specification and qualification of equipment, justification of costs, PEHSRs, leadership of contracted and internal resources and implementation into manufacturing operations
- Participate in development of long range process and facilities planning, capital expenditure and cost savings programs
- Provide engineering innovations that will improve process control, product quality and business Productivity and assist with the development of a strategic plan to increase the use of Automation.
- Maintain knowledge of current and new technologies in order to identify opportunities to implement into our manufacturing operations
- Participate in developing and executing solutions for improving the overall safety of equipment through involvement with safety teams and ASAT ownership
- Act as technical support resource to aid equipment troubleshooting and problem solving
- Demonstrate effective work load balance and project management skills for multiple simultaneous projects
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and with cross functional teams
Physical and Mental Qualifications:
- Must be able to sit or stand at a computer workstation 25% of the time.
- Must be able to walk in steel-toed, metatarsal boots 75% of the time.
- Must be able to wear required PPE (hard hat, hearing protection and safety glasses 100% when in the mill).
- Must be able to change priorities frequently without losing momentum on progress.
- Must be capable of reading, comprehending and implementing new information.
- Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Time Management — Managing one’s own time and the time of others.
- Problem Sensitivity — The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong.
- Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Stress Tolerance — Job requires accepting constructive feedback and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technologies from an accredited institution.
- Knowledge of engineering fundamentals.
- Work experience in an engineering role.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- 5 or more years of experience working in heavy industry; especially in a maintenance or engineering role
- The ability to engage with employees at all levels of the organization
- Project management experience
- Attention to detail and ability to rapidly respond to project demands and problems