Arconic is currently in search of a Manufacturing Superintendent to join our Massena, NY operations.
At Arconic, we are looking for people who share our values of integrity, inclusion, and diversity, and who demonstrate agility, results commitment, and the capability to grow themselves and others. In return, we offer the opportunity to Grow Together with ongoing opportunities for professional growth provided by a constantly changing environment, working alongside employees who value the people they work with just as much as the work they do.
The Manufacturing Superintendent position is to optimize production and maintenance processes within the Arconic Massena facility that yield high quality Arconic Extrusion products that meet customer requirements in a safe, cost effective and timely manner. The incumbent will develop the most effective maintenance and production organization and improve processes to deliver the desired quality, quantity and delivery. This position will facilitate organizational effectiveness within the production and maintenance resources including the proper maintenance of associated processes and equipment.
- Provides necessary leadership to direct and coordinate all activities related to the manufacture and maintenance of extrusion and fabricated products and equipment.
- Challenges existing manufacturing and maintenance paradigms to continuously seek to improve safety, quality, profitability of the operation.
- Develops, recommends and implements plans and procedures to increase productivity, reduce costs and meet the location safety goals.
- Is a Human Performance champion, leading the maturation of the science in the areas of responsibility.
- Assure that all processes are operated in compliance with all corporate and legal guidelines and requirements.
- Provides direct supervision for the Fabricating/Extrusion Production organization.
- Provide leadership and support necessary for the Fabricating and Extrusion organization to meet or exceed the safety initiatives, customer needs, financial objectives, labor relations, and diversity objectives of the business.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Operations, Management, Engineering or similar.
- 5 years of experience managing production and/or maintenance in an aluminum manufacturing facility.
- Experience in a Union environment.
- Experience with extrusion manufacturing and products.
- Demonstrated success in managing and improving areas such as Safety, Labor Relations, Productivity, Costs/Profitability.