Manufacturing / Training Coordinator
This position brings together several facets of operations to ensure maximum efficiency and effectiveness by supporting manufacturing processes and manufacturing training. This position plays a large role in ensuring manufacturing and beater room associates are properly trained and certified. Monitor and recommend to management where back-up is necessary to ensure no business interruption to manufacturing processes.
Time constraints and shifting/conflicting priorities may cause stressful situations. Overtime may be required. The incumbent works mainly in a manufacturing environment. Frequent walking/standing/sitting is required. Summer heat. Noisy environment – hearing protection is required.
- Ensures all new hires and current associates in training are properly trained in a timely manner and certified in their positions before fulfilling job requirements.
- Coordinates training checklists and assessments for those who are new to PSPI or who transfer to other positions. Follows through weekly on this process to ensure that checklists and assessments are being properly completed.
- Schedules and ensures the 30, 60, 90 day review process is documented and completed for new hires.
- Observes each person in training before they are certified
- Raise skills of manufacturing/beater room associates by certifying them in a minimum of three jobs and ensure flexibility to the process.
- Maintains/updates training checklists and assessments to ensure they are up to date.
- Maintains the training data base
- Participates in interviewing, selection and hiring process for manufacturing.
- Participate in the new hire orientation process:
- Walking new associates around to introduce them to hazards before training begins. (i.e., SDS book locations, fire extinguishers, eyewash/showers, guarding importance)
- Weekly Hourly Schedule: Responsible for the weekly hourly schedule. Creates, posts and revises the hourly schedule. Plots vacation and personal day requests. Coordinates issues with changes.
- Works with relevant positions to perform JHA reviews to ensure all JHA’s are up to date. Rewrite as necessary. Write new JHA’s as necessary.
- Perform ISO document reviews pertinent to the department. Edit as necessary and provide changes to Quality Department for updates to be made.
- Support of morning meetings to include adding information to the whiteboard, creating work orders and following-up on items from the meeting.
- Participates in the incident investigation process. Assists with safety work orders that are needed.
- Will maintain the pre-plan folders. Ensures everything is contained within the folder, collect and sign and file folders in appropriate location.
- As needed, input near misses/environmental/injuries into the data base.
- Performs audits for Confined Spaces and LOTO. Ensures that these forms that are used on the floor are replenished as needed (LOTO, Confined Space, Absentee, etc.). Ensure only current forms are available and outdated forms are thrown out.
- Performs periodic LOTO inspections.
- Assists with safety and health projects.
- Performs quarterly Personal Protective Equipment audits on manufacturing positions.
- Assists paper machine supervisors with the input of work orders.
- Ensures safety activities are being completed.
- Post weekly PM/PDs and follow through to ensure these are being completed. Take care of updates and action items. Ensure any follow-up or action items are completed.
- Post quarterly manufacturing checklists for completion. Ensure any follow-up or actions items are completed.
- Track and perform electric truck evaluations.
- Retrieve supplies from stores as needed.
- Other support activities as required by Business Leaders, and manufacturing supervisors/managers.
Hours: 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Participates in weekly and weekend on-call schedule on a rotating basis. During specific grade runs, this position will be required to work a different shift in order to assist supervisors with coverage.
Responsible for performing Individual Performance Plan Evaluation on a yearly basis. Potential salary adjustments on an annual basis. DOE: Position minimum starting pay is $50,000/annually.
Associates degree required. Proven experience (minimum three years) in a trainer function or similar role in manufacturing environment. Proven ability to create and present training material. Proficient with Microsoft: Word, Excel, Mail & Calendaring and PowerPoint. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, organizational and leadership skills. Strong computer skills and project management skills. Some periodic travel may be required. First aid / CPR certification will be required and maintained. Initiative and strong follow through are required. Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time efficiently.
Where to Apply:
Business Leader – Potsdam Specialty Paper, Inc.
547A Sissonville Road
Potsdam, New York 13676.
Competitive benefit package. Medical/prescription, dental, vision, 401(k) plan with employer match, life and LTD.