Corning, Inc. - Canton Plant
The Global Supply Management (GSM) Function is recognized as a critical function for business success. It delivers the training, tools and opportunities needed to create innovative solutions for the function & the corporation. GSM has leading edge, effective processes to anticipate and exceed customer requirements.
Responsible for assured supply of materials, equipment and services, (on time, best price, high quality) in addition to competitive costs, minimizing inventories while ensuring optimum materials utilization, and supplier performance.
- Assists with Business Global Supply Management (GSM) Strategy Development. Deploys GSM strategies and plans to make decisions necessary to purchase product or services, aligned with organizational objectives and sourcing strategies.
- Assures Contribution Metrics are updated and linked with site/business cost reduction portfolio.
- Key player for negotiations with Suppliers, including Contract Administration.
- Owns/Assists with Supplier Relationship Management Process (including supplier audits).
- Creates and maintains contractual documents (Supply Agreements, Pricing Agreements, Non-Disclosure Agreements, Certificates of Insurance, etc.).
- Assists with Commodity Reviews and Supply Intelligence
- Inventory Management (where applicable): Organizes, controls, and minimizes materials on hand, slow moving and obsolete materials. May manage storeroom operations.
- Acts as GSM liaison between plants, including materials and quality areas.
- Recommends changes to purchasing practices/supply management to ensure conformance with established laws, policies, and ethical principles activity-based costing). Participates in the planning and implementation of these changes.
- Acts as main contact for RTP to ensure invoicing issues are eliminated or resolved immediately.
- Participates in cross-functional teams focused on process improvements, cost reduction and supply chain issue resolution
- Protects Intellectual Property (IP).
- Ensures compliance with internal and external auditing requirements related especially to GSM or any other certification (if applicable)
- Makes sure that the suppliers are environmental compliance, and that the scrap is correctly disposed
- Champions and advocates for the Global Buying Policy. Ensures compliance.
- Contribution Metrics
- E-Sourcing Events
- Assigned suppliers’ quality and performance metrics
- Shared Objectives Score %
- Global Objectives Performance
- Strategic Suppliers and/or % Under Contract / Management
- Transaction Reduction and process simplification
- Inventory Turns/Days of Supply
Competencies (knowledge, skills and behaviors)
- Conflict Management
- Cross-Cultural Agility
- Influencing Business:
- Global Business Knowledge
- Problem Solving
- Commodity/Supply Chain Expertise
- Contract Writing/Management
Global Leadership competencies most pertinent to this role are:
- Act with Integrity and Authenticity
- Focus on Customers
- Value Differences in People and Ideas
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Experience in manufacturing – operations, planning, quality, engineering, supply chain.
- Experience as a plant or corporate buyer.
- Experience with GSM processes and systems.
- Experience working in a matrix environment or on a cross-functional team.
- Yellow Belt Certification.
- Experience across multiple businesses, division and/or technologies.
- Experience with global manufacturing and business through work or project experience.
- Green Belt Certification.
- Certified Purchasing Manager (C.P.M.) or Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM), APICS or certification related to Supply Chain.
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
- Health Insurance
- Retirement Benefits
- Paid time off (sick days, vacation days)