This position reports directly to the Director of Operations for Arconic Extrusions. The ideal candidate will have the capability of driving productivity and growth strategies into the manufacturing operations. The successful candidate will have a proven track record in achieving financial results, building high performance teams, championing safety, ensuring quality, and creating collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders. We encourage all qualified candidates that are committed to safety, people leadership, continuous improvements and a “can do” attitude to apply.
Arconic creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value. Rolling, Extrusions and BCS is a global leader in aluminum sheet, plate, extruded products and architectural systems with approximately 15,000 employees, and 61 facilities.
Strong base salary plus variable compensation bonus structure
Generous Health Benefits beginning day 1; medical, life, dental and vision plans
401(k) Program with a Company Match (up to 6%)
Retirement contribution (3%)
Competitive annual vacation accrual
10 annual paid holidays
Employee discount program
Profile: The primary responsibilities of the Plant Manager are to safely deliver or exceed the financial plan through disciplined operational execution, managing the extrusion processes of aluminum products, and provide leadership to direct reports. The Plant Manager will have direct responsibility for the manufacturing organization, manufacturing support, process excellence and quality. Arconic Massena LLC focuses on driving improvements in cost, quality, time, safety and people. He/she/they will be responsible for all location functions including direct P&L.
- Develops manufacturing operating plans in accordance with company policies, goals and objectives. Assessing process capability, improving process control and instilling a culture of accountability will be a primary goal for this position.
- Delivers determined financial objectives by reaffirming existing production goals or setting new goals then leading the team to achieve these goals.
- Delivers operational excellence through optimizing capacities, total cost effectiveness and value to the customer base. Ensures operation plans achieve targeted cost and efficiency results that maximize value for the business unit.
- Drive EHS & housekeeping (5S) culture and accountability into daily operations and ensure all EHS requirements are met in keeping with the company’s proud legacy of attention to safety and welfare of our employees and the environment. Leading and lagging indicators need to be managed and linked to actions that will reduce risk in the workplace. Optimizes capital expenditures to sustain operations, drive EHS value, and deliver growth products
- Develops and executes lean and flexible production systems based on ABS specifically TPM techniques across all manufacturing operations to lower plant breakeven point.
- Executes plans for quality and process excellence that ensures consistent quality assurance and process excellence procedures, controls and feedback.
- Ensures high level of employee engagement, people development plans and capable succession plans are in place.
- Shipping Compliance with all customer and Arconic quality systems.
- Lead and manage APQP (Advanced Quality Planning Processes).
- Leadership — Job requires a willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction. Empower people and groups to take risks while measuring performance and holding them accountable for results.
- Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Strong financial literacy — Job requires the ability to drive P&L change in standard costing system through well thought out projects with appropriate ROI.
- Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Disciplined Execution — Job requires holding the Operations team accountable through daily execution to the plan. When required, he/she will need to be able to dive into details to ensure operational success.
- Production and Processing — Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Customer Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service to both internal and external stakeholders. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction. The ability to lead tours and converse with customers at a high level will be a major component of the position.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Time Management — Managing one’s own time and the time of others.
- Problem Sensitivity — The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong.
- Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Stress Tolerance — Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution in Engineering or Operations Management.
- 10 years’ management experience in a machining or manufacturing environment
- 5 years’ experience with Lean manufacturing
- 3 years’ experience of P&L management responsibility
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Advanced degree preferred
- Day Shift
- Travel: 25 % of the Time