Artik/OEM is a supplier of various fabricated products to city bus, coach, and passenger rail OEM’s. Artik/OEM is looking for an experienced and dynamic Plant Manager for our Ogdensburg New York facility. The Manager is responsible for the daily activities of the facility and reports directly to the Vice President of Operations. The ideal candidate would be a strong, experienced senior manager in a manufacturing environment, preferably in metal fabrication.
– Managing the daily activities of the Artik/OEM Ogdensburg facility.
– Position has 4-5 direct reports with 25 staff in the facility, with a goal to grow beyond this level.
– Ensuring facility operates within set budget.
– Meeting customer demands and on time shipments.
– Enforcing company Health and Safety and Quality policy.
– Coaching staff to improve efficiencies and thru put.
– Performing staff reviews, encouraging, discipling, recruiting, and terminating staff.
– Work closely with the Purchasing Manager to make certain raw materials are in house and accurate to the system.
– Develop and work with company KPI’s to achieve world class facility and supply
– 7-10 years experience in a senior management role in a manufacturing environment
– Preferred experience is in metal fabrication – but not mandatory depending on qualifications.
– Strong understanding of ERP systems, (AX, SAP, Oracle)
– Lean manufacturing/Six Sigma – Strong continuous improvement skills
– Experience working with Profit and Loss statements (P&L)
– Understanding of blueprints and drawing software AutoCad, Soildworks
– Experience and knowledge of Quality systems, ISO9001
– Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision.
– Excellent communicator establishing clear and focused expectations.
– Ability to operate in a fast pace, sometimes stressful environment.
Salary: $60,000 – $70,000 depending on experience and room for growth as we expand.
Benefits: Medical (60% employer contribution)
Where to Apply: