Objectives – To provide technical direction, extrusion and fabricating process control expertise, and Process Engineering services for equipment and project execution to the assigned area but is also an experienced resource to suppliers, customers and other Arconic locations. To plan, implement and follow-through on continuous improvement initiatives established within Arconic’s operating model: the Arconic Business System (ABS).
Scope – The areas impacted are the operation and development of the assigned Extrusion and Fabricating area and its customers. The incumbent is expected to transfer technology into the facility.
Rationale – This position is necessary to provide expert and/or specialized technical direction, assistance and process control improvements to the assigned Extrusion and Fabricating location.
Safety – The incumbent recognizes that accident prevention is equal in importance to production, quality, delivery and cost control, and accepts the responsibility to work safely and promote safety consciousness among fellow employees.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, implement and coordinate Process Engineering services for process improvement programs, projects to lower cost and improve product quality and product recovery. The incumbent does their own tactical planning, is accountable for successful project completion and may be assigned as a project leader to coordinate the activities of other technical personnel.
- Assist with the review of customer complaints, analysis of claims, and make recommendations for corrective action. Conduct system, product and process audits as needed.
- Ongoing process communications is expected with all levels of the local organization, process engineering at the other Arconic domestic extrusion plants, ATC, and procurement.
- Provide expert Process Engineering services necessary to achieve the operating plan. Participate in long-range strategic planning for best utilization of facilities, capital improvements and cost saving projects.
- Provide Process Engineering expertise, guidance and training of engineering and operating personnel on major new process equipment, technology or practice changes. Facilitate problem solving process, engaging maintenance and production on identified quality and process issues.
- Demonstrate expertise and leadership in statistical approaches to projects and problem solving. The incumbent is expected to solve unique technical problems to root cause, be fluent in advanced statistical techniques and a statistical resource to others throughout the operation.
- Contribute to the technology record of the company through the development and/or application of new or non-conventional technology. Prioritize maintenance of the Quality Manual and Quality Systems Procedures, and update as necessary to comply with new or updated Standard and Customer Specific Requirements.
- Facilitate successful kaizen and rapid improvement process events with the emphasis on locally focused improvement. Provide the support required to sustain the improvements established through these events. Coordinate, assist and deliver team-based and ABS training to support enhanced organizational performance through imparting a thorough knowledge of team and ABS concepts, principles and practices.
Freedom To Act – The incumbent reports to the Quality and ABS Manager who will provide assignment objectives, performance feedback, limits, expected results and administration. The incumbent is expected to require only well defined objectives and policy decisions and works with only general functional guidelines to achieve project objectives. The incumbent is required to translate conceptual thinking into actual extrusions and fabricating applications with minimal technical support or direction.
Impact and Magnitude – This position has significant impact on the quality, cost and technical development of products/processes in the assigned area and on the effective operation of the facility. The incumbent is an individual contributor requiring expert skill level as well as a broad base of functional knowledge in areas important to the location.
B.S. in Engineering, Engineering Management, Business, or equivalent.
Minimum 5 years Continuous Improvement Engineering experience.
Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Travel: 25% of the time
Varied and extensive process operation and technical experience
In depth knowledge of extrusion processes
Demonstrated understanding and use of basic and advanced statistical process control and designed experiment methods.
Demonstrated ability to handle high impact/high complexity assignments.
Demonstrated ability to form and maintain effective working relationships with all layers of the organization
Demonstrated ability to handle projects independently.