Process Improvement Engineer
Arconic is currently in search of a Process Improvement Engineer to join our Massena, New York location.
At Arconic, we are looking for people who share our values of integrity, inclusion, and diversity, and who demonstrate agility, results commitment, and the capability to grow themselves and others. In return, we offer the opportunity to Grow Together with ongoing opportunities for professional growth provided by a constantly changing environment, working alongside employees who value the people they work with just as much as the work they do.
This position is responsible for a wide variety of manufacturing process engineering and production activities in a specific production department to include:
- Provide project management and single point accountability for the development and implementation of new technologies internally that will provide market advantages to Arconic.
- Participate in the strategic planning for new product and manufacturing processes to lower costs and improve Arconic’s position in the marketplace.
- Provide the insight and vision necessary to identify technologies and processes that will mesh with the overall business strategy and provide competitive advantage for the business.
- Direct a variety of activities by internal manufacturing personnel, outside vendors and partners as well as customers to develop value added technologies for Arconic.
- Provide manufacturing and technical support to Arconic’s global manufacturing footprint and include coaching other salaried and hourly employees on effective teaming skills.
- Remove obstacles, increasing productivity and solving problems to root cause.
- Support the plant in strategic business improvement activities that will focus on improving the Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Productivity with a results-oriented approach.
- Assist in the design and engineering of equipment, facility, and flow paths to optimize total system productivity.
- Coordinate and implement Lean Manufacturing principles across the department’s material flow paths and must gain a complete view and understanding of the area’s manufacturing process to be successful.
- Focus on tactical projects in the areas of safety, productivity, semi-autonomous teaming, recovery improvement and training.
- Coordinate efforts on process improvements, including capital projects, and will support and lead the execution of problem-solving efforts related to process and machine improvements.
- Although the person in this position works primarily daytime shifts M-F, it is expected that they work off-shifts as needed to support the functions of this role.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Metallurgical, Industrial, Ceramics or Manufacturing Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of four years of manufacturing experience.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Six years of manufacturing experience in the metals or similar industry.
- The ability to engage with employee at all levels of the organization.
- Experience with the application of lean manufacturing principles in a manufacturing setting.
- The knowledge to identify and help resolve process-related problems.
- Strong business, technical, computer, and analytical skills (from educational background and/or manufacturing experience).
- Experience working in a union environment.
To Apply: Visit Process Improvement Engineer – Arconic Careers (selectminds.com)