T-Base Communications is the North American leader in design, production and delivery of accessible statements, documents and online services for our customers in the financial, telecom, healthcare government and education markets. T-Base transforms customer communication materials into braille, large print, e-text, audio as well as formats for online delivery such as accessible PDF for web accessibility. Join our growing team in our office in Ogdensburg.
Reporting to the Processing Manager, and working closely with a team of Processing Specialists, this position is responsible for the daily processing and production of alternate format documents and statements for the blind and partially sighted community – primarily through the use of proprietary software for automated processing of statements in alternate formats. The position is also responsible for the daily coding of documents using T-Base proprietary software and for supporting the work of other T-Base departments on an as-needed basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Processing customer documents and statements using T-Base proprietary software for the automatic conversion of documents and statements into alternative formats in accordance with customer Service Level Agreements (S.L.A.), Quality Standards and Work Instructions.
- Completing the processing of documents and statements in accordance with customer specific Work instructions.
- Ensuring the efficient and accurate coding, proofing, and production of alternate format documents.
- Completing and distributing reconciliation and other reports to customers as required.
- Understanding SLA requirements for all customers, including required turnaround times and download schedules.
- Identifying processing deficiencies and bugs through diligent application of Quality Assurance processes and standards. Reporting all such deficiencies to T-Base Development Staff in a timely manner with accurate and complete descriptions in JIRA or such other ticket-tracking utility implemented by T-Base. Coordinating deployment of bug fixes and similar functionality with T-Base Development staff.
- Ensuring that processed documents and statements are sent to Production for timely printing and delivery and supporting the Production Department as needed.
- Summarizing processing volumes and tracking time spent on specific customer tasks in support of invoicing and human resources processes and through appropriate T-Base utilities, such as JIRA.
- Communicating on a regular basis with members of other departments, including the Development Department, on the progress and status of any maintenance associated with customer tools.
- Assisting in other areas of the US Operations to ensure the timely completion and distribution of customer statements, as directed by the Manager of other senior staff in the office.
- As time permits, completing the Braille Certification Training and any other training as deemed appropriate to the effective performance of the job.
- Maintaining work area in a safe and clean fashion and following all health and safety policies and standards.
Note: This description is not intended to be all inclusive. Other duties may be required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
CompensationHourly wage: $13.00/hour
Education & Security:
- A minimum completion of high school diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working in an office or production setting
- Must pass screening results for general and criminal background checks, drug testing, and credit history on an ongoing basis.
- Knowledge of Braille would be an asset
Skills and Abilities:
- Comfortable with the use of computers and office automation products such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Notepad, WordPad, EditPad Pro and Adobe Acrobat
- Strong ability to prioritize tasks of self and others and troubleshoot problems and issues
- Excellent organizing skills
- Strong relationship and team building skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to type 60 wpm
- Ability to work in a small team environment
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to remain calm under the pressure of tight deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Fluency in Spanish or French would be an asset
- Health Insurance