T-Base Communications is the North American leader in design, production and delivery of accessible statements, documents and online services for our customers in the financial, telecom, healthcare government and education markets. T-Base transforms customer communication materials into braille, large print, e-text, audio as well as formats for online delivery such as accessible PDF for web accessibility. Join our growing team in our office in Ogdensburg.
The Production Specialist is a member of the Production Department and is responsible for the daily print production, document reproduction, packaging and shipment of alternate format documents and statements for the blind and partially sighted community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understanding Service Level Agreements (SLA) requirements for all customers, including required turnaround times and applicable document production standards.
- Ensuring that documents and statements sent to Production are reproduced in the appropriate format, reviewed for compliance with applicable Quality Standards, packaged and shipped in a timely manner, within customer SLA requirements.
- Operating binding and printing equipment
- Operating manual and automated embossing equipment.
- Stuffing and packaging parcels.
- Receiving and shipping parcels.
- Reporting quality problems to the appropriate personnel for timely correction.
- Tracking time spent on specific transcription tasks in support of invoicing and human resources processes and through appropriate T-Base utilities, such as Big Time and JIRA.
- Communicating on a regular basis with members of other departments on the progress and status of specific jobs and assignments.
- Assisting in other areas of the US Operations to ensure the timely completion and distribution of customer statements, as directed by the US Production Manager, Senior US Operations Manager, or Senior Employees under the direction of the US Senior Operations Manager.
- Keeping current, with, and diligently applying, applicable best practices for the production of documents and statements in alternative formats.
- As time permits, completing the Braille Certification Training and any other training as deemed appropriate to the effective performance of the job.
- Maintaining work area in a safe and clean fashion and following all health and safety policies and standards.
Hours of Work:
The shift schedule will vary to meet customer demands and may include evenings and weekends.
CompensationHourly wage: $13.00/hour
Education & Security:
- A minimum completion of high school diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working in an office or production setting
- Must pass screening results for general and criminal background checks, drug testing, and credit history on an ongoing basis.
- Knowledge of Braille would be an asset
Skills and Abilities:
- Comfortable with the use of computers
- Strong ability to prioritize tasks of self and others and troubleshoot problems and issues
- Excellent organizing skills
- Strong relationship and team building skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a small team environment
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to remain calm under the pressure of tight deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Fluency in Spanish or French would be an asset
- Health Insurance