Arconic is currently in search of a Production Supervisor to join our Massena, NY operations.
At Arconic, we are looking for people who share our values of integrity, inclusion, and diversity, and who demonstrate agility, results commitment, and the capability to grow themselves and others. In return, we offer the opportunity to Grow Together with ongoing opportunities for professional growth provided by a constantly changing environment, working alongside employees who value the people they work with just as much as the work they do.
This position is responsible for supervising, scheduling, and leading a group of employees to meet production departmental goals of Arconic Massena, NY.
- Ensure all Environmental & Safety policies are followed
- Monitoring performance and implementing corrective actions to meet goals
- Identifying and Implementing improvement plans
- Solving problems to the root to prevent a recurrence
- Effectively communicating with others within and outside the work group
- Maintain all production and related quality assurance records
- Providing leadership, direction and motivation to people in assigned area
- Effectively manage employee and labor relations including contract administration, grievance handling and day-to-day employee complaints/issues
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding production goals including production output, safety, on time delivery, and people initiatives within a traditional unit supervisor role
- Direct the implementation of continuous improvement initiatives (lean manufacturing) including 5S, standardized work, work balance, product flow and TPM improvements
- Own cost savings initiatives (degree of implementation)
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3 months experience in manufacturing
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- 3 years of industrial manufacturing experience.
- Supervisor experience in a unionized environment.
- Excellent people and leadership skills as well as a demonstrated analytical aptitude.
- Proven ability to engage the workforce in problem solving.
- Proven ability to drive results leading to higher efficiencies.
- Experience and ability to work with and train others in an ABS environment.
- Organized, motivated and have the ability to organize and facilitate people at the floor level.
- Knowledge of information systems and computer software packages is preferred.
- Self-directed, customer-focused individual.
- Demonstrated computer skills, including MS Excel, Word, Access, Power Point, Outlook, Windows OE operating systems plus statistical software packages
To Apply: visit Production Supervisor – Arconic Careers (selectminds.com)