Technical Production Technician
Requisition Number: 41885
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
The Specialty Materials segment manufactures products that provide more than 150 material formulations for glass, glass ceramics and fluoride crystals to meet demand for unique customer needs. Consequently, this segment operates in a wide variety of commercial and industrial markets that include display optics and components, semiconductor optics components, aerospace and defense, astronomy, ophthalmic products, telecommunications components and cover glass that is optimized for portable display devices.
- Encompasses the application of scientific and technological principles concerned with a continuous or periodic system of operations or activities in the production of manufactured products
- Uses the principles and theories of science, engineering, and mathematics to provide technical support for manufacturing processes.
- Works on assignments that are complex in nature where considerable judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems and making recommendations.
- May determine methods and procedures on new assignments and may provide guidance to other personnel.
- AS in Mechanical, Electrical, or other Engineering Discipline
Required to sign covenant not to compete
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
Corning offers a competitive salary, pension, and family medical leave.
Are you ready to start an exciting career with Corning, Inc.? Apply today!
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.