St. Lawrence County Chamber of Commerce
This position serves to support the tourism promotion efforts of the St. Lawrence County Chamber of Commerce. Specific job responsibilities will be defined based on candidate experience. Application Cover Letter should include any/all areas of related experience and interest from this list, plus any other relevant skills, experience, or education:
- Social media management
- Content development (writing for web, blog, print, social media, news, guides)
- Visual Arts (design, photo, video, web etc.)
- Grant writing and management
- Research analysis and reporting
- Sport and recreation tourism management and/or promotion
- Event management and/or promotion
- Tour operations
- Marketing and advertising
- Sustainable destination development, management, and marketing
Attitude and demeanor of all St. Lawrence County Chamber of Commerce staff:
As part of the work environment, all staff of the STLC Chamber will:
- Publicly support the mission of the STLC Chamber of Commerce.
- Communicate effectively with sensitivity and understanding in dealing with administrative colleagues, visitors, and business partners.
- Work as a team member in a professional environment.
- Present a “service attitude” (willingness to be flexible to meet the demands of the organization).
- Have a professional physical appearance (appropriate attire, personal hygiene, etc.).
Reports to: St. Lawrence County Chamber of Commerce Director of Tourism
Non-Exempt: Full Time at 35 hours per week. The office is open 9am-4:30pm. Position hours can be flexible to candidate schedule.
In addition to application, a writing sample must be submitted. Responses should be within word count noted and address the specific request. Choose one topic and respond.
Sample 1: You receive a call from a visitor. They are interested in coming to the area to hike to some waterfalls. Write a sample email as a follow up to the conversation to address their needs. (Maximum 200 words).
Sample 2: You are crafting an email to send out to an email list of visitors. You want to highlight 3 things for them to do in the County in the Fall. Using our website : www.VisitSTLC.com / www.STLCtrails.com / www.Fishcap.net. (maximum 200 words).
CompensationCompensation: $35-45k commensurate with experience. Individual health insurance, life insurance, retirement match, holiday, personal and sick time off.
Note: training will be provided on specific programs and applications, however, knowledge and comfort with technology and learning is necessary.
- Associates degree or equivalent skills and experience.
- Knowledge of St. Lawrence County businesses, industries, and educational landscape preferred.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Proficiency in a range of computing applications (Microsoft suite, google workspace,
- Occasional travel and events outside normal workday required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, car, and car insurance.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds and be active on feet for several hours at a time.
Abilities, Skills, and Knowledge:
The successful individual for this position must:
- Be able to exercise independent judgment and make decisions necessary to achieve success in assigned areas, and to complete projects with limited supervision and direction.
- Be a self-motivated, detail-oriented, enthusiastic, and reliable business professional.
- Have strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Be able to function as a member of a high-performance team.
- Possess creativity and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service.
- Be able to develop and maintain good working relationships with members, clients, staff, volunteers, business partners, school employees and the general public.
- Health Insurance
- Retirement Benefits
- Paid time off (sick days, vacation days)