Bestway of New York, Inc.
Treatment Plant Operator
New York, NY
Bestway of New York is searching for a treater/plant operator to assist with the operation of a pressure-treating plant located in Gouverneur, New York. The full-time treater/plant operator should have excellent organizational skills, mechanical aptitude, show a willingness to learn, and be able to perform in a fast-paced environment. Critical thinking and communications skills are a must. This position is integral to the operation of the company and carries much responsibility.
Responsibilities and Duties
The treater/plant operator will be trained to fully operate a lumber pressure-treating plant. When training is complete, this individual will be responsible for the safe operation of the plant, and all processes involved therein. These processes include:
- Assisting the Head Treater in his daily routine.
- Opening and closing the plant.
- Understanding the chemistry involved in the treating process.
- Understanding the mechanics involved in the treating process.
- Fully operating the treating process controls.
- Documenting inventory, application rates, and communicating these to head treater and main office.
- Analyzing results and making necessary adjustments.
- Making repairs as necessary to equipment.
- Frequently operating a forklift in an outdoor environment.
- Performing Quality Control tests and reacting to results in a timely manner.
- Documenting daily production and chemical use and reporting these results to supervisors.
- Willingness to work overtime, especially in the spring and summer.
Qualifications and Skills
While we are willing to train eager applicants, candidates should have excellent organizational skills and a mechanical aptitude. Strong math and chemistry are a plus. Reliable candidates who are self-starters are a must. Training for and passing the NYSDEC Pesticide Applicator Test is mandatory after hiring.
- Health Insurance
- Retirement Benefits
- Paid time off (sick days, vacation days)