North Country Dairy
North Lawrence, NY
We are currently seeking a Production Worker to carry out various tasks for our Production Area at our North Country Dairy Plant. Prior Material Handling a plus along with excellent communication skills. All qualified, responsible applicants are encouraged to apply. We offer a competitive salary and generous paid time off.
- The Production Worker- General Help is responsible for ensuring optimum quality products through the operation of various product families following regulatory standards, ensuring the product is clean and sterile.
- Clean, set-up, operate and monitor equipment of the production line.
- Complete all required documentation and scheduled quality checks.
- Monitor weights, seals, caps, and general packaging of product.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve basic to moderate operating difficulties.
- Collect required samples needed for Quality Assurance testing.
- Ensure that the proper packaging materials are used for each product being produced.
- Will have working knowledge and experience with labeler operations; watching for jams and effectively threading wrap to prevent downtime due to error.
- Perform filler and filler line changeovers in a safe and efficient manner.
- Complete cleaning checklist once line has completed run.
- Prepare equipment for next run to include size changes as needed.
- Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible and accurate format, and completed with required information. Ensure all required information is documented in accordance with SOP’s.
- Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes
- Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
- Follow all required work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
- Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs and food quality related to designated area.
- Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
CLICK HERE for direct link to position opening posted on website.
Upstate Niagara Cooperative, Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity for all, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
- 8 hour shift
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Must be able to stand, walk, push or pull for virtually the entire shift.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally including overhead.
- Must be able to work in a wet environment. Some exposure to cleaning chemicals.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including overtime, weekends and holidays.
- Be able to effectively work in a team environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Health Insurance
- Retirement Benefits
- Paid time off (sick days, vacation days)